Provide overall senior level management direction for multiple large projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients, geographical area or type of project.
1. Plan, organize and staff projects in coordination with the assigned mechanical and plumbing field supervisor.
2. Define and establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities including attending project meetings.
4. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site supervision to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
5. Procure materials and equipment in accordance with the estimate quotations and other procurement documents.
6. Prepare project schedules identifying the critical path and milestone items.
7. Prepare and submit shop drawings and monitor the approval process.
8. Provide technical assistance (interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc.) to assure the requirements of the scope of work.
9. Identify potential risk factors and implement measures to minimize the impact.
10. Initiate and maintain extra work including estimating, submission and negotiation of change orders.
11. Assure proper storage and security of materials and equipment.
12. Provide technical assistance and interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
13. Assume responsibility for productivity of field personnel, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
14. Represent company in project meetings.
15. Manage financial aspects of contracts (payments, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
16. Prepare and submit billing schedule of values to client.
17. Determine monthly pay requests amounts.
18. Bilingual a plus
19. Pay based on experience
Two to four year technical degree or equivalent, plus extensive (Fifteen or more years) experience/knowledge of mechanical and plumbing construction, International Mechanical and Plumbing Code, design, finance, and management required.
Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital;
Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
Must be a business oriented person.
Physical Demands Classification
Light – Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those required by sedentary work.
Note: This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and the general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.